Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pushing Send

I did it. I sent a friend request to my high school best friend I haven't talked to in...? A decade? I looked up some of the other "kids" yesterday. The boy I crushed on & off for years, who I kissed beneath the giant tree in his back yard during a ritualized make-out party before 7th grade... has an incurable brain disease which affects his balance and he's making a film about how surfing helps. The girl I idolized still looks fab in a recent pic with her high school sweetheart handsome surfer dude. Yes, I grew up in a beach town, adding to my teen angst as I ducked in the face of the oncoming volleyball. But we also had a fantastic bookstore two blocks from the beach, with a whole 6-sided room for poetry, so that saved me.
Along with those tacoburritos that we used to scarf down at the pier.

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh, you did it, pushed send. . .I wanna know what what happens!

    ReplyDelete